A key element to a smooth running boat is to purchase outboard motor oil that has additives in that will keep your engine clean and prevents wear and corrosion. Additives will also enhance the lubrication of the motor. Several brands such as Evinrude and Mercury sell oil that has said additives in them so as to make your boating experience one with a minimal amount of problems.
PREMIUM PLUS 2-CYCLE OUTBOARD OIL
Mercury Engine Oil Specifically formulated with a higher concentration marine additive package to meet the needs of:
- High-horsepower outboard including direct fuel-injected engines in extreme marine operating conditions.
- Far exceeds Mercury in-house test standards, which are more stringent than the industry’s TC-W3 standard.
- Cleanest burning – reduces carbon build-up in exhaust system.
- Superior lubrication.
- Meets all outboard and personal watercraft manufacturers’ recommendations for use of TC-W2 and TC-W3 oils in pre-mix or oil-injected 2-cycle applications.
- Provides warranty protection for Mercury, Mariner, Force and Sport Jet and M2 Jet Drive 2-cycle engines.